Friday 4 May 2007

I'm serious as cancer when I say Rhythm Is A Dancer

BBC Radio 6 has been running a poll on the worst song lyrics ever! The shortlist is below.

My choice has to be a toss-up between Des'ree and Snap!... aargh!

ABC - That Was Then But This Is Now
More Sacrifices than an Aztec priest,
Standing here straining at that leash,
All fall down,
Can't complain, mustn't grumble,
Help yourself to another piece of apple crumble

Snap - Rhythm Is A Dancer
I'm as serious as cancer,
When I say Rhythm is a Dancer.

Human League - The Lebanon
Before he leaves the camp he stops,
He scans the world outside,
And where there used to be some shops,
Is where the snipers sometimes hide.

Razorlight - Somewhere Else
And I met a girl,
she asked me my name,
I told her what it was.

Duran Duran - Is There Something I Should Know?
And firey demons all dance when you walk through that door,
Don't say you're easy on me you're about as easy as a nuclear war.
 
Oasis - Champagne Supernova
Slowly walking down the hall,
Faster than a cannonball,
Where were you when we were getting high?

Des'ree - Life
I don't want to see a ghost,
It's the sight that I fear most,
I'd rather have a piece of toast,
Watch the evening news.

Black Sabbath - War Pigs
Generals gathered in their masses,
Just like witches at black masses.
 
Toto - Africa
The wild dogs cry out in the night,
As they grow restless longing for some solitary company,
I know that I must do what's right,
Sure as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serengeti.
 
U2 - Elevation
I've got no self control,
Been living like a mole now,
Going down, excavation,
High and high in the sky,
You make me feel like I can fly,
So high,
Elevation

The winner will be announced in Marc Riley's Brain Surgery on BBC Radio 6 between 7pm - 9pm on Friday 4 May. Unlistenable, I'd imagine...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/shows/brain_surgery/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]