Saturday 28 November 2009

Oh, you've got the future in your hand (signed, sealed, delivered)



A wonderfully convoluted music post today...

This evening we join our friends Richard and Chris, who are having their Civil Partnership ceremony, for a celebration party at the very swanky Whitehall venue One Great George Street [oo-er, what to wear?].

Today also marks the 80th birthday of Berry Gordy Jr, creator of Motown Records (which itself celebrates fifty years of music next month).

So to link these things together, I chose this number out of the zillions of songs in Motown's back catalogue (but not the Stevie Wonder original, as I'm not keen on him), which seemed appropriate.

Congratulations, boys! And here's the magnificent diva Ruby Turner, just for you...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]