Friday 18 March 2016

Baby, look at me and tell me what do you see?



The week finally draws to an end, and I'm getting my leg-warmers and tights at the ready - for today is the original Coco Hernandez's birthday!

Here's Miss Irene Cara (for it is she), dressed as some kind of Disco Chicken, in a really bizarre video for her immortal anthem for the "talent show generation" - Fame (I'm Gonna Live Forever). All, together, now...


Baby, look at me and tell me what do you see?
You ain't seen the best of me yet
Give me time, I'll make you forget the rest
I've got more in me, and you can set it free
I can catch the moon in my hand
Don't you know who I am?
Remember my name

(Fame) I'm gonna live forever
I'm gonna learn how to fly (High)
I feel it coming together
People will see me and cry
(Fame) I'm gonna make it to heaven
Light up the sky like a flame
(Fame) I'm gonna live forever
Baby, remember my name
(Remember, remember, remember, remember)
(Remember, remember, remember, remember)


Thank Disco It's Friday!

Irene Cara (born Irene Cara Escalera, 18th March 1959)

2 comments:

  1. Makes me feel like running out into our street and dancing on the cars

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]