Tuesday 5 February 2019

Gong Hey Fat Choy!



Happy New Year to our Chinese chums - as the Year of the Bitch hands over to the Year of the Pig!

To help cheer in this "year of prosperity" (apparently), how about a few appropriately pork-flavoured songs? Such as these...

...from the Andrews Sisters:


...Vic Damone:


...the sublime Bessie Smith:


...and, best of the lot - an entire "porcine musical extravaganza" [that we went to see back in 2011]! It's Betty Blue Eyes. Of course:


All about Chinese New Year

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Always good to see Sarah Lancashire.
    Meanwhile, due to the Chinese New Year, my local Waitrose has run out of bean sprouts. I am aghast.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's a shame - now you can't have that classic seasonal dish "Meat muscle stupid bean sprouts"! Jx

      Delete
  2. Well the Vic Damone is a new one on me.
    Gong Hey Fat Choy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always pleased to find a new bit of Tacky Music... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]