Friday 1 February 2019

A slip of the hip or another



In a final trawl through the years for this crazy #adecadeago project/meme-thing (for a while, anyway), I rediscovered the fact that back in 2009 Mr Paul Burston's Polari literary salons [to which I have - shamefully - not been for months!] were still being given "themes" every month. The January '09 one was "Stalkers Night", and in the run-up to the occasion, I featured an appropriate song - Blondie's classic One Way Or Another.

It is our traditional "wind-up to the weekend" slot today, however, so how a bout a remix version instead? Thank Disco(?) It's Friday!


Have a good one, peeps.

6 comments:

  1. I've been only a few times but on the last two visits I've heard music new to me. I'll take the original Blondie version of this one. Maybe it's just being nostalgic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my great delights is discovering something new and then posting about it ('tis the raison d'etre of the origin of the weblog, after all). However, despite being drawn to provide a sort-of-dance version for my regular "Thank Disco It's Friday" post, I do agree with you wholeheartedly - people really shouldn't tinker with a work of art; Debs and her boys were and always will be immaculate. Jx

      Delete
  2. My favourite stalker song is Every Breath You Take by the Police, which I liked but always found a bit creepy. Debbie could never be creepy.
    I have just been reading about Andy Warhol and I'm wondering what he would have produced with today's technology, and how many followers would he have on Instagram?
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He'd probably be called "an influencer", and be vilified for promoting wig conditioners or cellulite creams or something. Jx

      Delete
  3. I'm trying to determine in Deborah approves of Andy's silk screen of her or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's frowning, honey. Andy'd better look out... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]