Thursday 14 February 2019

Amor, amor, amor


It's Tapas, apparently, not a token of - ahem - love.

Ho hum. "St Hallmark's Day" is upon us - a day that sees hordes of bedraggled yoof buying equally bedraggled bunches of red flowers and clogging the supermarket queues, the only day in the calendar that such horrors as rose-scented chocolates are ever a "thing", and when sales of made-in-China fluffy toys with sickly "love" slogans go up.

I have always hated it, needless to say [see here and here for previous rants].

However, I have found an (hilariously) appropriate song to add to our countdown to Spain, which complements the mood perfectly...


I hope you have a tear in your eye after that one [from laughing, most likely!].

6 comments:

  1. Is the scarf concealing his love bites?
    I looked up Ms Landers as she looked familiar - Afton in Dallas!! Wow!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love bites? Him? I doubt it. As for Miss Landers, not only was she in Dallas but she was also the "Tits and Ass - gotta get myself a pair!" girl from A Chorus Line. And she's one of our Tacky Music icons, to boot... Jx

      Delete
  2. Well, my eyes are watering, but not from laughter.

    I wondered why I hadn't "heard from" you...you'd slipped through a crack. No, it's alright, I've solved the mystery and put you back in position.(In my reader, of course.Tut!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the immortal words of Stritchy:

      "Good times and bum times, I've seen 'em all
      And, my dear, I'm still here!"


      Jx

      Delete
  3. Is there someone ee trapped in Miss Landers' body? Her eyes don't seem to belong to her - they look alternately startled and terrified.

    Speaking of which, that "Tapas" is terrifyingly obscene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Landers has extremely hidden talents, one of them being a ventriloquist's dummy. Jx

      PS We went hunting for similar - ahem - tapas on our hols. Spanish food is so moreish...

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]