Friday 8 March 2019

I Might Explode, Baby



Speaking of 1989...

...as we hurtle towards possibly the most welcome of weekends in ages [this first week back in the office after two glorious weeks away has been excruciating!], why not dip our toes into another of those all-conquering Stock-Aitken-Waterman hits that dominated that end-of-a-brilliant-decade era?

It's Miss Donna Summer's "comeback" single, after all!


What would I have to do
To get you to notice me too
Do I
Stand in line
One of a million
Admiring eyes

Walk a tightrope way up high
Write your name across the sky

I'm going crazy just to let you know
You'd be amazed how much I love you so, baby
When I get my hands on you I won't let go
This time I know it's for real

Should I write or call your home
Shout it out with a megaphone
Radio, TV news
Got to find a way
To get my message to you

To say I love you with a neon sign
Anything to make you mine

I'm going crazy just to let you know
If I wait too long for you I might explode, baby
I've been around the block enough to know
That this time I know it's for real


Thank Disco It's Friday!

Have a great weekend, my darlings...

2 comments:

  1. Fab but hang on a Mo isn't that meant to be a Kylie song ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After a while, Stock Aitken Waterman songs start to merge into eachother. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]