Saturday 9 March 2019

Whatever became of Blanche Birdsong?



On my way along "London's horticultural mile" at Crews Hill today, visiting the myriad garden centres en route, I got drenched in some of the nastiest, stormiest weather imaginable. Much of their outdoor stock was blown down, and in one of them, the display hoardings were too. On my return, with meagre pickings in hand (it is a little early for the centres to be fully stocked yet - they traditionally launch the summer season around Easter), I found our greenhouse here at Dolores Delargo Towers had also been bashed around in the gales, and all the plants were off the shelves. Again.

Ho hum.

Let's calm the jangling nerves by indulging ourselves once more in the lives of glamorous people cavorting in exotic locations - courtesy of the ever-wonderful Soft Tempo Lounge, of course:


[Music: I like it by Berry Lipman and His Orchestra (vocals - Blanche Birdsong, Ulla Wiesner, Hanna Doelitsch)
Original film: La volpe dalla coda di velluto (1972)]

2 comments:

  1. Jangling nerves have been calmed
    but as far as exotic locations are concerned I think out of season Costa Del Sol and a bit of coral from the market is more likely

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]