Friday 27 March 2020

There's a new me coming out



Thank goodness for that - this second week of being sat in our living room, plugged into work while staring longingly out of the window at the sunny garden, has been the cruellest of all! And to add to the ignominy, this weekend is forecast to be grey and cold...

Bollocks (as Ms Scarlet would say) to all that, dears! - my sister and hubbie are hosting a "virtual party" via Zoom tonight, so at the very least that gives us an excuse to get dressed.

It also happened to be the birthday yesterday of the sparkling Miss Diana Ross [who must be mightily pissed-off her much-promoted "Legend" headline slot at Glastonbury's been cancelled], so let's ramp up the camp factor by way of a celebration - with not one, but two gay icons taking to the stage, with an anthem I think we'll all be singing once this self-isolation business is over!


...or is there a bit of a trompe-l'œil going on?

Thank Disco It's Friday!

Have a good one, dear reader, as far as that is possible in these locked-down times...

15 comments:

  1. Diana Ross AND CHER!!!!!! Do you think they really are very best friends?!
    Does Ms Ross have a personal wind tunnel to stand in?
    Boris won't be coming out for a while....
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm. I imagine Cher is probably very best friends with that drag queen who is pretending to be Miss Ross...

      They probably need to turn her wind machine down a bit nowadays - she is 76, after all.

      Just heard about Boris. Wonder who he's infected in the past few weeks..?

      Jx

      Delete
  2. Has this whole thing been engineered by Mary Wilson?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it had, that drag queen would be sporting a beard. Jx

      Delete
    2. No, I was implying that Mary Wilson had created the Coronavirus

      Delete
  3. Hell, my old me is still out. And to the side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be spreading out from all sides if this lockdown carries on much longer. Working from home = sitting on my arse even more than I do normally! Jx

      Delete
  4. A grey and cold weekend? Ah, good. Things are getting back to normal, then.

    Happy weekend, Jon!


    P.S. Was Cher missing a wing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expect it came off in the last round of cosmetic surgery. Jx

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. A great way to start anyone's weekend, I reckon... Jx

      Delete
  6. thanks for keeping us smiling during dark times! From what they said in their concert a few years back, Cher and Cyndi Lauper were besties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine Cher and Cyndi or even Cher and Tina being good friends, but not Miss Ross - chalk and cheese, methinks. Jx

      Delete
  7. One hell of a bitch fight I would have thought.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]