Wednesday 18 March 2020

Fly me away. Please...



It's all getting a bit silly now!

Glastonbury, the Edinburgh Festival, Stonehenge, all the major museums and galleries, National Trust properties, West End theatres, Royal Opera House, Royal Albert Hall, the Southbank, the Barbican, nightclubs, cinemas, Selfridges, EastEnders - and the "Gay World Cup" (Eurovision)! All closed. And, as of today I'm working from home (which is a first for me)...

...I think we need a little light relief!

Let our minds drift into the exotic world of Soft Tempo Lounge with, in their words: "a little something to make those isolated days blissfully drift by..."


Almost 50 minutes of bliss, indeed:

Track list:
00:00 Syd Dale 'London Life'
02:17 Joe Pass 'The Phoenix Love Theme (Senza fine)'
05:09 Chris Montez 'One Note Samba'
07:21 The Peggy Brown Singers 'Dreamin' Stars'
09:33 Ray Manning 'Montego Bay'
11:33 Gianni Fallabrino 'Serata'
12:45 Briamonte Orchestra 'Roda do Samba'
15:16 Unit 7 Band 'Letter to Jane'
17:20 Briamonte Orchestra 'Zip'
19:22 Heinz Kiessling 'Gentle Woman'
21:40 Les Baxter 'Boca Chica'
23:20 The Pete Jacques Orchestra 'Round trip to Rio'
25:33 Willi Furth 'Sun of Jamaica'
27:50 Warren Kime 'Going someplace'
30:50 Acly Aguero 'Sao Paulo'
33:33 Heinz Kiessling 'Remember Rio'
36:00 The Perry Singers 'Olivia'
38:12 Frederic Gaffel 'Burros de Bahia'
40:40 Briamonte Orchestra 'Tema de Cristina'
43:39 Ulli Gigg 'Chica de Verrao'


Sigh.

16 comments:

  1. Same here. Self isolation with the houseboys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately we sent ours out for loo roll and they never came back. Jx

      Delete
    2. alas....it's hard to find good, trust worthy help these days.

      Delete
    3. That's what yer right arm's for... Jx

      Delete
  2. The life of a shut-in, Day 3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is only day one. By day three, I imagine I'll be craving sherry for breakfast. By week three, I'll probably be on the methylated spirit... Jx

      Delete
  3. At last! I'll have time to watch all the films and shows on my Netflix list!! Oh, and wash Car and get on with some gardening, all to this delightful soundtrack - thank you, Jon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having to "work". However the murk has descended again, so gardening wouldn't be a lot of fun anyway at the moment. Jx

      Delete
  4. Oh dear that music. Fly ME away now, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. EASTENDERS - I am horrified. BUT, I can watch the old episodes on the Drama Channel.
    You're an extrovert, aren't you? Us introverts will do our best to help you.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a confirmed introvert who enjoys a lot of "me time," I'm with Miss Scarlet on this one.

      Delete
    2. Extrovert, introvert, whatever - I can't stand the feeling of being told to do/not to do something that is alien to me. I may have always railed against the sterility of the office, but working from home is no fun either. Jx

      Delete
    3. I'm actually looking forward to there being more repeats on the telly now there's no sport or soaps :-)

      Jx

      Delete
  6. Oh dear the video isn't working

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was... I'll need to have a root around to see if it's us or them. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]