Friday 20 March 2020

To get me through another day


Doing the "Social Isolation Shuffle"!

It's the final knockings at the end of a most peculiar week. For the first time I have been forced to work from home; a situation that's taking a lot of mental adjustment. On a more optimistic note today does mark a turning point in the seasons - it's the Vernal Equinox, in some quarters the First Day of Spring!

It also happens to be the birthday of one of our fave dance artistes of the late 90s (whose career, unfortunately, was not destined to get very much further than that) - the lovely Ultra Naté...

...and, in these troubled times of pandemics, social isolation and lock-downs, she may just have the solution - so let's Thank Disco It's Friday!


I searched all over
Could not find
Someone to hold
Some peace of mind
Yesterday is gone
Nothing else to do
But let it go
Before I lose
All of my hopes
And my dreams
For something that ain't real
Things ain't always as they seem

Cause there's sunshine
After rain
And after the night comes morning
And in the spring the flowers bloom again
When I'm feeling down
Like there's no way out
I know the love I have inside will make it alright

And when it feels like I'm going crazy
When it feels like I'm going insane
When it feels like I'm going crazy
Found a cure
To get me through another day

Found a cure
To get me through another day

How many times before have you
Been left alone and you feel confused
Do you have the strength to keep trying
When the walls just keep on closing in
But you got everything that you need
Inside your heart
If you just believe
Things ain't always as they seem


Ultra Naté (born 20th March 1968)

8 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to the sunshine after the rain!
    I'll try to keep dancing.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking a lot of mental adjustment working from home?

    Oh, you mean as far as which glass to put the G&T IN? The old fashioned or the general juice glass!

    Cheers dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying to find a supermarket that has any ice left is a struggle. Jx

      Delete
  3. What, no tacky video? Has working from home already changed you? Skype and FaceTime are saving a lot of people from going completely crazy in isolation. I used to love working from home. But I was never on lockdown. Hope you find a cure to make it through the day. Booze?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not every "Thank Disco It's Friday" post is necessarily tacky. "Tacky Music Mondays", on the other hand...

      We're keeping up the team spirit, work-wise, via Skype as well at the moment. Unfortunately I have to exercise a bit of self-restraint where daytime booze is concerned as I am officially working from home rather than "self-isolating". It's very tempting, however, what with the fridge being about six foot from my desk :-)

      Jx

      Delete
  4. My goodness, I had completely overlooked the equinox, what with all the distractions. Thanks for reminding me, and happy Vernal Days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Longer and more satisfying, in my opinion. The days, that is! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]