Monday 20 June 2022

Somebody told me that his name was Bill


Monday again...

Typical, isn't it? We in the UK had searing 32C heat on Friday. All weekend while I was home, it's been grim - cold, wet and miserable. Today, it's sunny once more - just in time to go back to the grind...

Hey ho, on with the celebrations.

Sharing her day with a raft of not-otherwise-connected "names" such as the glorious (and dearly missed) Olympia Dukakis, Errol Flynn, Mickie Most, Anne Murray, Lionel Richie, Nicole Kidman, Martin Landau, Brian Wilson [80 today], Wendy Craig, Jacques Offenbach, John Taylor of Duran Duran, Lillian Hellman, John Goodman, Stephen Frears, and - erm - Jean-Marie Le Pen...

...it's the 75th birthday today of The Crystals long-term lead singer Miss Dolores "La La" Brooks!

On this Tacky Music Monday, we have a whole cavalcade of Divas joining forces to pay tribute to the lady's greatest hit with the band - Martha Reeves, Lesley Gore, Mary Wells, Shirley Alston, Freda Payne, Brenda Lee, Ronnie Spector, Belinda Carlisle and Grace Slick!

That's what I call a line-up..!

Have a good week, dear reader.

10 comments:

  1. And now I’ll be singing that song for the rest of the day. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My work here is done. Jx

      Delete
    2. That's makes two of us. Also - blinded by the glitter.

      Delete
    3. One suspects a good deal of "one-upwomanship" going on behind the scenes... What is the collective name for a gaggle of divas sharing a stage, I wonder? A "bitch", perhaps? Jx

      Delete
  2. One of these things does not belong with the others (looking at you Belinda!) Sigh. I love her. Love the Go Go's. Love her solo hits. But live? She's like a toddler who just got up from a nap. The others are old pros. Freda Payne? Adore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - I'd hardly put Miss Carlisle in the category of "legendary". Jx

      Delete
  3. What an excellent version, a treat to see the old girls still cranking it out without losing a single sequin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cranking is probably the best description! Jx

      Delete
  4. I put the heating on on Sunday evening!! Nice and warm today...but another chilly weekend brewing. Sorry.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you been casting the runes again, Ms Scarlet?! There's me thinking that Mr DeVice was the only witch round here... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]