Sunday 5 June 2022

Stomp and circumstance?

I have to confess, we didn't watch any of the footage of the Platinum Party at the Palace yesterday. As much as we love Duran Duran, Nile Rodgers, Jax Jones and Sam Ryder, as much as Queen and Rod Stewart are "national institutions" - and as much as we want to see whether Miss Ross's frock upstaged Dame Elton's - I think we'll just wait for the highlights on YouTube.

Suffice to say, this snippet stole all the headlines:

Today it's the turn of the carnival-style "Pageant" traversing through central London, footage of which might be interesting.

So, to other matters...

It is my last day of freedom before the madness of work resumes tomorrow (and will do so in perpetuity, at least until our next break (in Amsterdam) in August), and the weather's a bit shit again, so you can imagine the mood I am in today. We really need some proper "Sunday Music" to ease the furrowed brow - and who better than that fine old British institution the late, great Chris Barber, and a rather appropriately-titled Trad Jazz number?

I feel better already.

8 comments:

  1. I thought for sure you'd been in attendance at the Platinum Party at the Palace. But I can understand you not wanting your frock and chapeau not to up surf HRM's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After the "Damehood faux-pas", I would have been tempted to do a "Cruella-esque" entrance, so wisely chose not to bother. Jx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. He was the last of the great Trad Jazz musicians still standing. Now he's gone, who is left to inherit that great legacy? Jx

      Delete
  3. I skipped most of it too - though I was grateful that Cliff Richard was resigned to being a passenger on a bus, and not centre stage.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thankfully, no Paul McCartney either... Jx

      Delete
  4. Happy Jubilee 'Ma'am'.
    and a bit of Chris Barber and his band is a Royal treat on any occasion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a shame we never managed to see any of the great "Trad-Jazzers" before they departed for that great "Oom-Pah-in-the-sky"... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]