Sunday 19 June 2022

Bright and breezy, free and easy

Apropos of nothing at all - merely because the faboo Liza Tarbuck opened her Radio 2 show with it yesterday - here's a tune that makes me smile whenever I hear it.

All together, now!

All the nice girls love a sailor
All the nice girls love a tar
For there's something about a sailor
Well, you know what sailors are

Bright and breezy, free and easy
He's the ladies' pride and joy
Falls in love with Kate and Jane
Then he's off to sea again

Ship ahoy, ship ahoy!

Perfect "Sunday Music"...

4 comments:

  1. Because sailors know how to handle a slippery fish. And they wear bell-bottoms.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ms Scarlet. Now I have another earworm - Miss Alma Cogan! Jx

      Delete
  2. Bright and Breezy, Slips in Easy

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]