Tuesday 21 June 2022

The higher the hair...

Not one, but two centenaries to celebrate on this Midsummer's Day, dear reader!

Born this day in 1922 were the inimitable Mollie Sugden, most famous, of course for her "battleaxe" roles as "Mrs Slocombe" in Are You Being Served? and as "Sandra"'s mother in The Liver Birds...

...and a woman for whom Sondheim's beloved lyrics "First you're another sloe-eyed vamp, then someone's mother, then you're camp" could have been written - Miss Kay Starr!

Go, girl!

Enjoy the sunshine, dears - it's all downhill from today...

9 comments:

  1. The higher the hair, the bigger the pussy.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Can we get on? I've got to get home. If my pussy isn't attended to by eight o'clock, I shall be stroking it for the rest of the evening." Jx

      Delete
  2. "If you can see my pussy, can you drop a sardine on the mat?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Ooh, what about this fog? Oh my pussy's been gasping all night." Jx

      Delete
  3. Adore both these women. Kay doesn't get nearly enough attention and Mollie was such a total delight. I always wondered if she was the sort that was a total lady in her private life or if she was the type you could buy a pint at the pub and have a laugh with? Do you know, dear? Kizzes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe she was more down-to-earth than the characters she became famous for playing - she was born and bred just outside Bradford in Yorkshire, which is anything but posh, after all. Jx

      Delete
  4. Sorry, but I think you've made Molly (and her pussy) a month older than she was (her birthday was 21st July)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never mind, we can call it their "birthday month"... It's good to celebrate talent! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]