Another dire week in work staggers to its conclusion - and we need to get ourselves in the party mood!
How about this unexpected hit from this week - gulp - forty-seven years ago?
Who would have thought that the "King of Crooners" - who is 91 years old at the end of this month - would ever have ventured into the glittering world of the discotheque, to such great effect..?
Thank Disco It's Friday!
Have a great weekend, dear reader!
I vaguely remember this tune. My mum had Johnny Mathis albums!
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend!
Sx
Everyone's Mum had Johnny Mathis albums! Enjoy the weekend. Jx
DeleteWell, I'm not anyone's Mum, but I had a couple of his in the record cabinet...
ReplyDeleteReader's Digest box-sets? Jx
Deletehaha! No, pocket money/wages! My Dad and I joined a record club ;his choices were classical, mine, popular, but we always looked at all listings and I often picked mine from classics. And one year, my Mum asked him to buy White Christmas!!!!!!!!!!
DeleteWe live in a very different world now, don't we? Imagine trying to explain the concept of a "record club" to a kid with an iPhone... Jx
DeleteFrank Sinatra called him "The African Queen" once.
ReplyDeleteHe would. Jx
DeleteI have no memory of Gone Gone Gone.
ReplyDeleteI had a quick scan of his discography on Wikipedia, and it would appear that it was only ever a hit here in the UK... Jx
DeleteI've never heard this before, but I quite like it (even with Gill flouncing away in the background).
ReplyDeleteIt's almost as if she was listening to a completely different song! Jx
DeleteI love this track and always have.
ReplyDeleteGood old Frankie; Homophobic and racist in one phrase !
I've always love this song.
DeleteAs for Mr Sinatra, I can't imagine for a second that I/we would have enjoyed his company. Not a nice man, on many counts - although he was not really known for his racism, especially the way he got Sammy Davis Junior (and others) equal billing and equal treatment whenever they were in concert together. Jx