Monday, 7 September 2026

Let's put on the show right here!


My motto for today!

Oh, yuk. After a lovely weekend - the Schiaparelli exhibition and a day in the sunny garden - we're back to the old routine again. Sigh.

Among another raft of fellow celebrants including Queen Elizabeth I, Chrissie Hynde, Gloria Gaynor, Laura Ashley, Buddy Holly (who would have been 90 today), Dame Edith Sitwell, Diane Warren (70 today), Angela Gheorghiu, Elia Kazan, John Paul Getty Jr., Anthony Quayle, Julie Kavner, Toby Jones (who is 60), Jermaine Stewart, Sonny Rollins, Leonard Cheshire, Dario Argento, Peter Lawford and - erm - disgraced former MCU actor Jonathan Majors...

...the lovely Michael Feinstein blows out 70 men candles on his cake today!

Well-known as he is for preserving and promoting the archives of the "Great American Songbook" - as this is a Tacky Music Monday, I thought I'd share this rather fab and funny moment instead:

Have a good week, dear reader.

8 comments:

  1. We saw Michael Feinstein at the piano bar at the Ritz, Washington D.C. in the ’80s. He brought back some great (and funny) standards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A hugely talented man! I'd love to see him live on stage. For some strange reason, we missed him each time he was in London. I can only assume that either tickets were astronomically-priced, or else they sold out. Jx

      Delete
  2. You should go to work one morning and say: Hey, why don't we put on a show! That'd liven up proceedings.
    I hope Tuesday is treating you well!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd more likely enter the office shouting: "Why, these creatures have been extinct for millions of years!" Jx

      PS It pissed down all day. Now the sun's going down, it's sunny. Hey ho.

      Delete
  3. Fun Feinstein Film. I wish Buddy Holly were here to be the grand old man of rock & roll.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buddy Holly wasn't my "cup of tea", to be honest. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]