Monday, 28 September 2026

Now you see it...


[click any pic to embiggen]

...now you don't!

Yes, at last, that pair of bastard weed trees next door are gone - and we are thrilled!

Next job: get rid of the neighbours, their screaming "demon spawn", their stinky barbecues, and their fucking yappy dog.

Here's an appropriate song for a Tacky Music Monday, methinks - those outfits! the stoned stares! - now we have all that sky...

Have a good week, dear reader.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, bravo!! Does this mean that your entry to next year's GPE will be full of cacti, yuccas, and palms etc?

    P.S. So when are they chopping the trampoline down?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're hoping for a (t)horny devil to make an appearance... Jx

      PS I was hoping that a large bit of tree might have - ahem - accidentally destroyed that bloody trampoline, but no.

      Delete
  2. Let the sunshine in! Imagine how happy your garden will be (and less mess to clean up).

    I actually liked the Fifth Dimension, but this version is especially trippy (but not naturally trippy like the original in Hair). I think a number of them found Jesus. We have two decent splits of cava in the fridge. I was tempted to open one today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really pleased that our usual autumn "sludgy-leaf-and-sprouting-sycamore-seeds" clean-up is forever banished (well, at least it will be from next year; their "keys" are everywhere at the moment, so there's still work to do to clear them out of pots)!

      Of course - more sun, more watering... but we'll cope!

      As for 5th Dimension, they normally made the likes of Andy Williams seem like Black Sabbath, but it's this deeply weird performance that had me hooked... Jx

      PS ¡Salud!

      Delete
  3. I always got a good chuckle that you called them bastard weed trees!!!! But think of the gardening results going forward....

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]