Friday, 11 September 2026

Sho’nuff!

I'd just about had enough of this bloody week at work by about 11am today, but it just got busier.... I am so glad to see the back of it!

As the weekend beckons we need something to get us into the party mode, and what could be more appropriate than one of those - ahem - fabulously-choreographed routines by the 1970s "national treasures" Legs & Co? Here they are, flapping around in their peignoirs (for some reason), to an irresistible dance classic.

Thank Disco It's Friday!

Get up and stand up
Strut your funky stuff, sho’nuff
Get up and stand up
Strut your funky stuff, sho’nuff
Get up and stand up
Strut your funky stuff, sho’nuff
Get up and stand up

How you gonna be the attraction
If you wanna stick to the wall
Invite yourself a piece of the action
You got to get up to that and ring the bell
You got to know we got to go
Get up and dance down the...
(Here we go, here we go)

Get up and stand up
Strut your funky stuff, sho’nuff
Get up and stand up

What you doing there in the corner
Sitting by yourself in the dark
You don't really wanna be a loner
Come on now get up and dance
You got ants in your pants
Can't sit still the beat'll get your feet
The record spins to the funky disco beat
(That's right, that's right)

Get up and stand up
Strut your funky stuff, sho’nuff
Get up and stand up
Strut your funky stuff, sho’nuff
Get up and stand up
Strut your funky stuff, sho’nuff
Get up and stand up

Have a good weekend, dear reader!

[If you ever see this, of course, given that the bastard gnomes at Google have still not fixed the Blogger Reading List. It hasn't updated at all in over 48 hours! I despair.]

14 comments:

  1. I never did understand the allure of Legs & Co. even when they had ants in their pants. Glad you made it through the week. Sorry Friday was hectic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Legs & Co and their predecessors Pan's People were never aimed at us - they were "for the Dads"! The girls started out in the go-go "Dolly Birds" era at the end of the 1960s, when smut and sexual "liberation" were all the rage, and basically wiggled their weary tushes for the money into the early 80s. A different world... Jx

      Delete
  2. "flapping around" perfectly describes whatever it is they are attempting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their "choreographer" Flick Colby was awful, and they always looked ever-so-slightly under-rehearsed. To be fair, it was a chart show, so they never knew until Sunday every week what song they were going to be wiggling along to the following Thursday - but even so, some of their routines have been forever etched in our collective memories for how cringe-worthy they were. Jx

      Delete
  3. Legs and Co - the only reason that dads up and down the UK would allow their kids to watch TOTPS in the evening.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly what I said to Mitchell!

      If they hadn't been on, we kids would never have been allowed to watch. Especially if it clashed with Bless This House, George and Mildred or the sport. Jx

      Delete
  4. I think the Blog Reader thingy has completely stopped working now? The latest post on my sideboard is yours from 3 days ago. Nobody else seems to have updated either even though I know they have posted. Is this a new low?!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's downright depressing, as well as incredibly annoying! THREE DAYS lag is the worst I have known it. Sigh. Jx

      Delete
  5. Well I found it, and here you are. I gotta say, the dancing is kind of off. It seems to be more about not getting those punishingly high heels caught in the flappy garments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They look like hens in a coop that's been invaded by a fox. Flapping aimlessly. Jx

      Delete
  6. I echo your sentiments about Friday - good riddance to it!
    I'm in my peignoir now, relaxing after a morning spent in the garden and later wrestling with the triffid loganberry up the allotment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope your peignoir is a fetching share of turquoise. Like one of Elsie Tanner's cast-offs. Jx

      Delete
  7. The only thing more dreadful than Legs & Co was Pans People
    Fab track though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a close-run thing, which troupe was more badly choreographed! Flick Colby had a lot to answer for. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]