Friday, 9 October 2026

From the back to the middle and around again

Well, this turned out to be a week I wasn't really expecting, what with the health issue, operation and clinical follow-ups. Needless to say, I have been off work since.

Regardless, a weekend is always something to celebrate - even if it will be a busy one. My sister and I (and History Boy) are off to our old home town of Caerleon in Wales for a short stay. Mother's tenant [for thirty-two years!] in our former family home handed in her notice a few weeks ago, and since the prospective repairs and upgrades needed to modernise the place for future letting are prohibitive, she has decided to sell the house. We're there to welcome several estate agents, a clearance man for the attic, and to generally give the place a bit of a scrub.

We'll be back on Sunday...

Meanwhile, let's get the party started with a double-bill from today's birthday girl, Miss Crystal Waters - and Diolch i Ddisco ei fod yn ddydd Gwener!

Have a great weekend, dear reader!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Friday! Even though it was a short week. Lets hope at happy hour tonight I don't pull a repeat performance of last week and sleep from a hang over till after 2pm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! If Crystal Waters is playing on the jukebox, who knows what may happen..? Jx

      Delete
  2. I hope you’re fully recovered after your misadventure. And I hope there are no major surprises at the house after renting if for 32 years! Good luck and may you have a chance to enjoy the old stomping grounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see some Welsh words ...cofion gorau

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've had a bit of a week of it! I hope the house clearance goes well!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]