Tuesday 2 February 2010

The unstoppable broad



This week seems to have a glut of anniversaries of camp icons, showbiz legends and Broadway troupers.

It's a magnificent milestone today - as we celebrate the 85th birthday one of my personal idols, the eternally sassy Miss Elaine Stritch!

I have lauded this wonderful woman many times before - not least when I posted a potted life history of the magnificent lady just because I heard her being played on Radio 2... Read my last blog about "Stritchy".

Remarkably, even at her venerable age Miss Stritch refuses to back down from big stage challenges. In her current one-woman show at New York's Cafe Carlyle, Elaine Stritch Singin' Sondheim... One Song At A Time, she tackles her mentor's impressive back catalogue in celebration of the great man's 80th birthday celebrations this year.

The show ends tonight, with a massive 85th birthday bash and masses of flowers. Happy birthday, ma'am!


Read more about the show on the NY1 website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]