Tuesday 17 April 2018

My Credo


A study has found that alcohol can significantly shorten your life, at which point millions of Britons said “Fine with me!”

But while it’s easy to look at the negative effects of drinking, what are the benefits? Read our guide.

Most conversations are intolerably boring without alcohol. It’s fine being sober if you happen to be friends with wits like Stephen Fry, but listening to your mate Dave telling you about resurfacing his drive definitely requires those eight pints of Stella.

Copping off with people. While sober it is extremely difficult to approach someone and say "Hello, I find you sexually attractive. Would you like to start kissing me?". But when you are shitfaced it just seems to happen. The only plausible explanation is some form of ‘alcohol magic’.

Alcohol aids exercise. Going to the gym while plastered can hugely increase your performance. You can run for miles on the treadmill and those heavy, intimidating weights are no problem because you can’t feel the pain. You may wish to die the next day but that’s the price of being healthy.

Booze leads to exciting adventures. All manner of unusual things happen when you’re pissed, usually late at night. You might find yourself yourself in a Goth club or talking to a strange man on the Tube who claims he was in the SAS. Note: If you find yourself in a zoo enclosure being stalked by a panther that may be a sign to cut down a bit.

Spiritual enlightenment. Buddhist monks spend decades meditating in order to reach a transcendent state. However getting totally sloshed in a pleasant pub will also make you feel remarkably at one with the universe. Especially if you have a gourmet burger.

Alcohol prevents society collapsing. Alcohol is an integral part of many activities that form the fabric of society. Does anyone seriously think you’re going to turn up to their wedding just for a slice of cake? Fuck that.
The Daily Mash

Of course.

8 comments:

  1. Bwahahaha.
    And just the other day, some prat (from Cambridge , I think.)said that "that extra glass of wine had just taken THIRTY MINUTES off your life. "

    I worry that these people are letting down the side. How can we expect children to choose careers in science if this is what they learn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My retort to that sort of comment is usually: "If you do not piss off out if it NOW, I am going to take thirty years off yours..!" Jx

      Delete
  2. It's true.... I used to talk to more people when I was drunk... I remember finding myself at an acid house rave with no clue as to how I got there. Sadly, I had to give up alcohol and I became rather shy.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear. You had to give up? No-one's forcing you to. My sis takes about thirty different meds a day for her condition, and still has a glass or several of wine to wash it all down... Jx

      Delete
  3. I could be wrong, but I have a gin and tonic or two every night. I swear if could be why I haven't been sick in years. It's been at least a year since I even had a cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, there you go - gin is actually a vitamin! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]