Thursday 26 April 2018

You're so damn hard to please, we gotta kill this switch



The atmosphere in work is simply delightful at the moment, as one might imagine when so many people are weighing-up their options, and worrying about whether they are likely to remain in a job at the end of this "restructure consultation". To add insult to injury, some lucky bastard in the UK scooped the £121 million jackpot in the Euromillions lottery this week - and it wasn't me!!

Hey ho. Here's a song for my mood:


I got this feeling on the summer day when you were gone.
I crashed my car into the bridge. I watched, I let it burn.
I threw your shit into a bag and pushed it down the stairs.
I crashed my car into the bridge.

I don't care, I love it.
I don't care.

You're on a different road, I'm in the Milky Way
You want me down on earth, but I am up in space
You're so damn hard to please, we gotta kill this switch
You're from the 70s, but I'm a 90's bitch

I love it!
I love it!


Ah... That's better.

6 comments:

  1. I just played our lottery and it is worth around 257 million. If I win, I'll send you a few mil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sweetie! Think of how much gin and bling I could buy... Jx

      PS Your $257m jackpot is equivalent to 185 million pounds sterling, but our Euromillions jackpot is capped at £165m (which two people have actually won to themselves over the years - one in Ireland and one in Portugal).

      Delete
  2. Good luck! You can build a tropical plant house and grow things for me by proxy. (Yes, I'm in the tropics, but not quite close enough the the equator for some of what I;d like)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I won the lottery, I'd have something resembling the Palm House at Kew! Jx

      Delete
  3. I should probably buy a lottery ticket soon. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just think of all the problems that could be solved by such a windfall... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]