Friday 20 April 2018

Yeah, one day I might get it right; am I ready for tonight?



It has been an absolute bitch of a week! Stuck in the office merely getting glimpses of the glorious sunshine is bad enough, but, yet again our team is going through a "consultation" about a "restructure" - which in effect means my job is at risk, and I will have to have an interview. Furthermore there are only three posts in the level to which I can apply, where previously there were six. Oh happy day.

Never mind, it is still sunny and possibly will remain so on the weekend, and Our Princess Kylie is riding high at the top of the charts [where she should be] with her new (slightly Country-inspired) album Golden. And from it, this...

Thank Disco - and Kylie - it's Friday!!!


Love this.

Have a faboo weekend, dear reader - we deserve it!

16 comments:

  1. Ack, I hate that 'being interviewed for your own job' thing. Good luck, and maybe you're ready to apply for a job at the higher level. Have a good weekend!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate interviews - I have had so many in my time (several for "my own job"). Unfortunately there are no vacancies at any level higher than mine. I'm loosening the stair-rods as we speak... Jx

      Delete
  2. Being ancient must be one of the so-called benefits of no longer doing the 9-5 shuffle.
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I foresee I may be doing the 9-5 shuffle till I die, since I have no pension to speak of. Jx

      Delete
  3. I know your plight!
    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like MJ got into the "special candy dish" again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's been frugging for hours now - I guess you're correct! Jx

      Delete
  5. Your worst is better than their best !
    Keep listening to Kylie and all will be well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kylie is my saviour on all occasions. Jx

      Delete
  6. Fingers crossed for the interview. ...job hunting sucks as I can currently attest 😉 thank you for the Kylie blast - may she bring good fortune x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had my share of job-hunting, my dear - and may be doing so again if things do go against me. But we will always have Kylie! Jx

      Delete
  7. I also wanted to add to hang in there. Just gather the power of Joan Crawford and her fur trimmed power suits. I have been their and been cut in restructure. But I enjoyed a summer in Buenos Aires and got invited back. Sometimes these things work themselves out. I will be keeping my fingers and legs crossed if it will help dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now there's a fab twist on a certain 1980s cartoon series - By the Power of Joan Crawford!" Jx

      PS: YOU? Legs crossed? Never!

      Delete
  8. Hope the job ends up being yours again - x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]