Thursday 11 February 2021

Oh, come on! Get out of my way

Ice, frozen snow, dying plants - grimness abounds, dear reader.

What we need is a little warmth in our lives! And, as today is the 80th birthday of that maestro of the bossa nova Sérgio Mendes, I think this classic number of his provides the perfect solution:

Mas que Nada
Sai da minha frente
Eu quero passar
Pois o samba está animado
O que eu quero é sambar.

Oh, come on!
Get out of my way
I want to pass through
Because the samba is animated
What I want is to dance samba.

I'm sipping a caipirinha by a beach as we speak, sweetie!

In my mind, anyhow.

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow - look at those earrings! You could knock your teeth out with those.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the greatest songs of all time, central heating for the soul.
    Oh Baa,Oh Baa,Oh Baa.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]