Monday 1 April 2024

There's men everywhere, no girls anywhere. What is this place?


April Fool!

I'm back in circulation, after a fab few days doing a whirlwind tour - thanks to Baby Steve and Houseboy Alex - of what seemed to be every garden centre in Essex, including Langthorns Plantery, Perrywood, Cherry Lane, and our favourites Halstead Garden Centre (aka "Maggie's"), and of course Bourne Brook Nursery (aka "Mr Baker's"), from whence I grubbed out from the cuttings bench another fourteen Fuchsias [some of them replacements for this winter's losses, some we haven't grown since before the last move (when I binned the whole collection), and five new varieties]!

I also came back with two hardy Geraniums, a new Phlox variety, a new Salvia, a Thunbergia vine and a Scaevola. That was fun on the coach, tube and bus getting home!

While I was away I missed celebrating the 90th birthdays of both Richard Chamberlain and Shirley Jones, and the 60th of Tracy Chapman - and all the "cox action" of The Boat Race. I was easily able to ignore all that bullshit that surrounds Easter [but no chocolate! no Tiger Lillies!]; however the arrival of British Summer Time came as a bit of a mindfuck as we lost an hour in bed. It was lovely weather while we were doing the plant-shopping excursion, but it definitely doesn't feel like summer here in London, with hailstorms and blustery weather again... [Oh, and I was too woozy today to catch up with the usual round of April Fools' Day jokes - so here's a few highlights.]

Apart from new additions to the extensive gardens here at Dolores Delargo Towers, did I bring any musical "delights" back with me? Bien sûr! It's fortuitous that it's a Tacky Music Bank Holiday Monday:

And, finally... WTF?!

Enjoy what's left of the last day of freedom, dear reader...

14 comments:

  1. Crikey! You managed all that lot on public transport?!? Astonishing! Do you have some special greenhouse/backpack get-up that you use?
    Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing all your plants in situ once they've got themselves established.

    While I didn't get on with Katya & Trixie or Vlad & Alyona, I found myself transfixed by Cherylyn Barnes. I'm not sure that any adjectives can accurately describe how I felt watching/listening to her. I think I liked it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did indeed manage to haul all of those plants in two "bags for life", along with my travel bag, and the big brolly I needed to take to travel up with in Thursday's storms, on public transport, from the airport to ours. I've brought even more back than that in previous years!

      "Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping." - Gertrude Stein.

      As for the choons, I was gob-smacked with all of them. As if I didn't know already, our friends are every bit as weird and eclectic as we are and love collecting odd music as much as we do! Jx

      Delete
  2. I’m burnt out this evening and these videos did NOT help. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cherylyn Barnes is a hoot. Thanks for turning around a crap-filled Monday. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's amazing! I can find very little out about her, or who's behind her, apart from some obviously-made-up "biographies"... Jx

      Delete
  4. Well, this has helped to cheer me up a bit. Still a tad on the hot side for me, but we've had a few useful showers and the bush across the road is a mass of Eucalypt blooms.It would give Scarlet a run for her money!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am I right in reading you actually liked some of the music I've posted? Will wonders never cease?

      I hope you're going to post pictures of your unruly pink bush! Jx

      Delete
  5. You weren't going to fool anyone with that headline!
    I'm glad you had a splendid shopping spree, and a lovely weekend.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cherylyn's a bit confused. however...

      I had a great trip, indulging in my favourite hobby - shopping! Jx

      Delete
  6. Loved all of them and they are now all in the collection

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure how any of 'em might work in the absence of their videos, but we'll see... Jx

      Delete
    2. The world renowned 'Delargo Foundation' has in it's archives a whole section devoted to music videos of that Genre.

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]