Friday 19 April 2024

What a set up, Holy cow!


I make no excuses for another gratuitous pic of sex god Tom Daley (wearing the new Team GB kit for the 2024 Olympics that was launched yesterday)!

A much-needed weekend is almost here, and I think we need to crank up the wireless and get into the party mood that normally greets the end of another week of drudgery..! Our gang actually has a "party" afoot, as we gather once again tomorrow afternoon in the Perseverance pub near Great Ormond Street in leafy Holborn for the first "Film Club" in ages.

On the list of prospective movies on offer (we tend to bring a few then choose the ones to watch by a show of hands) is one of my all-time favourite musicals Sweet Charity, so how about this version of one of its most famous numbers by Miss Linda Clifford and - ahem - a dancing robot?!

Thank Disco It's Friday!

Bizarre.

Have a fab weekend, dear reader!

12 comments:

  1. Ooh, Linda Clifford is good. I didn’t think I’d like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a huge talent. Shame she never got the commercial success she deserved. Jx

      Delete
  2. Great performance! Not sure what the bumping and grinding robot added. Also on Hulu another show, Fosse/Verdon. Kinda fun. Especially when they have snippets of the shows they worked on, like Cabaret, Pippin and Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, Mr/Ms Vegas!

      The Fosse/Verdon drama was on telly over here a few years back, but we didn't catch it - however we did watch a fabulous documentary about the pair. He was a bit of a bastard, to be honest, and took a lot of credit for Gwen's work... Jx

      Delete
  3. A great disco classic, and Tom Daly? Now you is spoiling who? He sure fills out a speedo for a small guy. I certainly wouldn't mind bedding him and his hubby Lance. And with that, bring me a nice strong gin with that thought.

    Cheers!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's mine, I tell ya!

      I've actually cuddled the lovely Dustin Lance Black, but I didn't mention that I wanted to suck his husband off... Jx

      Delete
  4. I saw your comment describing the video as "bizarre" right as I opened it and heard the announcer speaking French so I immediately knew you were right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose... Jx

      Delete
  5. Just finished watching the episode of Derry Girls where Ms. Clifford's song was featured. I kid you not. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We never got around to watching Derry Girls. Good to know they tipped a nod to Miss Clifford! Jx

      Delete
  6. OMG I had totaly forgotten this version and how fab it and Linda Clifford were.
    Fab afternoon / evening yesterday at the gangs film club.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her version was shamefully overlooked by the British buying public at the time, so it is good to hear it again.

      The Film Club was - as ever - a hoot! Loved it. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]