Saturday, 1 August 2026

You know I dress for every situation


[click to embiggen]

Awwww...

It's my ickle baby sister's SIXTIETH BIRTHDAY party today!

Not so "ickle" nowadays, of course:

By way of a little tribute, this - that she and I used to dance to at the long-gone Lazers nightclub "Bowie/Roxy" nights in Newport way back in the early 1980s...

Great (if distant) memories...

Happy Birthday, Hils!! We'll all be there tonight to celebrate your dotage...😂

16 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Hils!!!
    I have pictures of me in a bath tub like that!!
    Have a great party tonight!!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone had a "baby-in-bathtub photo" taken! To be used many years later by mothers to embarrass their child as a grown-up, preferably in front of a new partner... Jx

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday Hils!
    It's clever how AI can give old sepia photographs natural looking colours with just one click.😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! If I had an AI filter on, those godawful 1960s curtains would change colour to something more tasteful... Jx

      Delete
  3. Aw, those pics are adorable. It’s amazing how instantly recognizable you both are in those old pics. Happy birthday to your kid sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, Hils! You really can rock a frock!

    I hope you all have a fab time tonight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see what tonight's ensemble is going to be! The main theme is Art Deco, so it may involve a greyhound or a cheetah as an accessory... Jx

      Delete
  5. We've never met, but perhaps we crossed paths on one of my trips...
    Happy birthday anyway, Hils.Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knows, Dinah? Stranger things have happened!

      I'm sure she'll appreciate the birthday wishes, anyhow. Jx

      Delete
  6. How nice to have a sister who also acts as a partner-in-crime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it is! There's an old saying: "A friend will help you move. A true friend will help you move a body" I would imagine my sister would be in the latter category (not that I have ever committed a murder (yet), I hasten to add)... Jx

      Delete
  7. Happy Birthday Hils
    and thank you for a Marvellous Party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good fun! Shame I missed the buffet. Gannets! Jx

      Delete
  8. Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. It was a fab party (despite the 'food') and I think a bloody good time was had by all.
    And yes, just let me know the time and the place, and I'll bring the shovel 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great party, indeed!

      I'll let you know when rigor mortis sets in... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]