Thursday, 13 August 2026

Amsterdam vult mijn gedachten


Tarts on Tour! [click to embiggen]

By the time you see this, dear reader, we should be winging our way to my favourite city on earth [after London] - Amsterdam! What better way to mark the occasion than with this glittering version of one of that city's greatest "anthems"?

Aan de Amsterdamse grachten
heb ik heel mijn hart voor altijd verpand.
Amsterdam vult mijn gedachten,
als de mooiste stad in ons land.
Al die Amsterdamse mensen,
al die lichtjes 's avonds laat op het plein.
Niemand kan zich beter wensen
dan een Amsterdammer te zijn.

How fab is that?!

["Normal" service will resume after we get back on Monday night, dear reader!]

16 comments:

  1. What a beautiful song and voice. I hope you’re already having a blast, you lucky dog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly we're back, but it was an absolute hoot, as always. We adore Danielle de Niese - and saw her live at the much-missed Proms in the Park back in 2025. She does have a beautiful voice. Jx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. We did indeed, Ms Scarlet! [More on all that later, no doubt.] Jx

      Delete
  3. My god!!!!!! Where ever did you find our group picture!?!?!?!?

    Safe travels and enjoy many a cock..a.tail. like I need to tell you two. Send my regards to the red light district!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Despite my resting bitch face, I had a smashing time on tour!

      Happy holidays, Jon x

      Delete
    2. It was going along swimmingly till your tits popped out and hit the ground.

      Delete
    3. You should see the state of my frock..! Jx

      Delete
    4. I really need my opera glasses. I read that as the state of your cock...which after this trip, probably applies itself still.

      Delete
  4. So beautiful it brought a tear to my eye
    but Tante Leen's version will always be Diep in mijn hart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very beautiful version of this song - adore Danielle de Niese! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]