That's strange. I don't know how they work either (I never added one of those widgets to my blog layout) but one would have thought they would work hand-in-hand with the Reading List... Jx
They seem to be separate beasts - on my reading list I have every blog I ever followed dating back to 2009, but my sideboard is a curated list of blogs I regularly interact with in the here and now. Annoying that the sideboards are still lagging behind. Sx
What I mean is that both should work in similar ways - a "feed" from each blog to display when each posts something new. Thus it is a mystery why the Reading List feed is updating now, but your widget feed is not. Have you tried editing the widget and "re-following" [if there is such a word] the blogs in your list? Jx
I think I will go and check the sideboard’s drawers and cupboards - I know we’ve all been experimenting with the http part of the address, and if they don’t match then it probably won’t update. That’s all I can think. I will have a tinker with it tomorrow morning. Sx
Yes, it's akin to the pipes being unblocked, but there is still some gurgling.
ReplyDeleteSx
Also - the reading list might be a bit better but the sideboards are still a mess - mine is still showing your 'Choices' post from 1 week ago.
DeleteSx
One step at the time, it would appear. I don't know how Wordpress sidebars work, but maybe you need to tweak it? Jx
DeleteNo, I mean my Blogger sideboard. Your 'Choices' post is also shown on Mitzi's sideboard, and Mr Devine's.
DeleteSx
That's strange. I don't know how they work either (I never added one of those widgets to my blog layout) but one would have thought they would work hand-in-hand with the Reading List... Jx
DeleteThey seem to be separate beasts - on my reading list I have every blog I ever followed dating back to 2009, but my sideboard is a curated list of blogs I regularly interact with in the here and now.
DeleteAnnoying that the sideboards are still lagging behind.
Sx
What I mean is that both should work in similar ways - a "feed" from each blog to display when each posts something new. Thus it is a mystery why the Reading List feed is updating now, but your widget feed is not. Have you tried editing the widget and "re-following" [if there is such a word] the blogs in your list? Jx
DeleteI think I will go and check the sideboard’s drawers and cupboards - I know we’ve all been experimenting with the http part of the address, and if they don’t match then it probably won’t update. That’s all I can think. I will have a tinker with it tomorrow morning.
DeleteSx
And I somehow didn’t include you on my brand new Feedly list. Shame on me. All is now well in the round.
ReplyDeleteI'm mortified! Jx
Delete