Tuesday, 15 September 2026

The ravings of an addled old man on a golf jolly

A US president’s suggestion that Ireland should reunify as soon as possible would have triggered riots, terrorism and political crisis if he were not a shite-spouting halfwit.

In any other circumstances than the president being a gaga eejit with no idea what he is even saying as it dribbles out of his mendacious mouth, the statement would have caused a major diplomatic row and significant unrest.

Taioseach Micheál Martin said: “Even the paramilitaries are calling bullshit on this one.

“Imagine if a proper president had said it. It would spark sectarian violence, angry disavowals from politicians, Andy Burnham desperately trying to calm things down. I mean, Belfast. It’s any excuse to throw a petrol bomb up there.

“But thankfully both sides were able to take into account this was nothing more than the ravings of an addled old man on a golf jolly and of no more import than a drunk mumbling in the corner of a Doonbeg bar.”


Emma Little-Pengelly of the DUP said: “And the way he said it? ‘One of the naturals of all time is to put them together’? Are we sure he wasn’t thinking of Sydney Sweeney’s diddies?”

The Daily Mash

Of course.

[As for his latest rant: "The only control or 'guardrails' that AI needs is a STRONG AND SMART (High IQ!) PRESIDENT, and the U.S.A. has that, in spades!" (which would have made me hoot - bar for the fact that he's so fucking deluded he really does think that ignoring the experts is wise) - The Mash has something to say about that, too!]


FOOTNOTE:

Speaking of rants, this is my latest missive to the bastard Google gnomes, using the "feedback" button on Blogger...

Congratulations! SEVEN DAYS - and the Blogger Reading List is still broken! SEVEN DAYS - and not one person in the whole of Google has said anything about it! No apologies. No press announcements. Nothing. It's as if people who use your systems are irrelevant. Sad, really.

They won't read it, nor will they do anything, of course - but it makes me feel better.

14 comments:

  1. I wish they would pixelate his face when he pops up in the news. I would like to see the same happen to the faces of Henry and that cable TV actress wife of his. I came on here to appeal of your whereabouts according to my sideboard it's been nearly a week since you last posted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As per my footnote, Mitzi - Blogger is broken, and has been for a whole week now. It's really bloody annoying.

      However, I do agree - I never want to see that bloated orange cretin nor hear any of the shit that he says ever again. As for Ginge and the Spoilt Brat Yank, if they want anonymity, go live in a tower block in London. No-one will ever notice you or speak to you, on the estate, on a bus, on a Tube, or in a shop. Sorted! Jx

      Delete
  2. I like your take on the "return of the prince and his lady." (note lower case) As for the Google kerfuffle...it really is a head-banger now. I just go straight to my favourite blogs and to hell with the side bar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Shakespearean (mis)quote "Methinks the lady doth protest too much" applies so well to the Sussexes. You want to be anonymous. Shut up, then! - and we'll soon get bored of reading about your irrelevant lives. Jx

      Delete
  3. I felt so bad for Ireland. I don't know how much more of this I can take of him. Today he closed down the Kennedy Center because the grand cry baby had his name removed.

    And Blogger is not much better. Thank heavens the Mstress Maddie is gone...he'd be blowing a gasket. I saw a comment at his blog and some commented it seems blogger is collapsing. I fear they might be right... and I dont even have a blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trump is dangerously mad. That much is a fact. Yet no-one seems willing or able to challenge him. It's a mirror image of Putin, and rather worrying.

      As for Blogger, it's a shit-show (if you'll excuse my profanity)! Jx

      Delete
  4. Every day we have to brace ourselves to see if this is the day he tips over into some madness we can't come back from. It's exhausting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel sorry for the USA. I feel sorry for the world that people like that lunatic can keep hold of so much power... Jx

      Delete
  5. I did laugh when Trump called himself 'smart'. It was a hysterical sort of laugh.
    Anyhow, the Going Gently blog by John has updated on my reading list - it is the only blog I have on there that has, which is bizarre. None of your posts have updated, or anyone else's. Very odd.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hysteria can be caused by horror as much as humour. In the Tangerine Twat's case, mainly horror.

      Nobody's blog posts have updated on my Reading List since 8th September! It's completely buggered. Jx

      Delete
  6. I can't even begin to tell you what it's been like, living under a government like this not only for the first 4 years, but then another. Best meme I've seen in a while had a person in it, admonishing the Grim Reaper, saying: We said DONNIE, not DOLLY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's hope the Reaper rectifies his mistake. Jx

      Delete
  7. Wow - They tell like it is
    Gawd bless The Mash !

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]