Thursday 25 March 2010

Give me your hand, 'cos you're wonderful

Last night, leaving the Arts Theatre after revelling in the joys of Shirley Jones, it was time for a drink. So being creatures of habit, John-John, Russ, Joe and I headed back to Halfway to Heaven.

To our delight, the drag show was still in full swing downstairs, with the irrepressible Mrs Moore, the skinniest drag on the scene Tanya Hyde, and the fantabulosa glam rock maven Trindy! Usually on Wednesday it is "Glam Jam" with Lady Imelda and CJ, but they were off in Glasgow apparently, filming the latest Weakest Link Drag Queen Special. I have no problem with either of them, but the format of that particular evening's entertainment veers uncomfortably close to karaoke (featuring as it does some West End players singing their versions of popular standards) and that is a particular genre of entertainment that I cannot bear. Piano bar sing-along, yes. Drag show, yes. Karaoke, never.

So it was worthwhile going down on this occasion, and, as ever, "the girls" didn't disappoint. I was particularly pleased when the lovely Trindy added a new song to her repertoire, and performed Rock'n'Roll Suicide just for me (we had been chatting earlier about favourite Bowie numbers, and I mentioned that this was one of mine). She has a whole "Bowie Special" show coming up, so I must look out for that!

Surprisingly, when you search YouTube for some of our favourite drag acts, there is very little footage available. I posted some that I found in my blog about the Sinders tribute show last October. But I am overjoyed to have found this... Over to Trindy!


PS She normally sings live, by the way...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]