Thursday 17 November 2011

Come play my game, I'll test ya



This made me wake up!

It is fifteen years since this practically perfect blend of punk/Goth attitude with rave/dance music was at the top of the UK charts - and it still makes me sit up and take notice today.

It is (of course) Breathe by the The Prodigy!


The image of a semi-naked Maxim Reality cavorting in practically nothing but his tattoos is an image forever etched on my libido...

Breathe the pressure
Come play my game, I'll test ya
Psychosomatic, addict, insane
Breathe the pressure
Come play my game, I'll test ya
Psychosomatic, addict, insane

Come play my game
Inhale, inhale, you're the victim
Come play my game
Exhale, exhale, exhale

Breathe with me


http://theprodigy.com/

3 comments:

  1. The Prodigy were HUGE here in Iceland in the 90s. That was then...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't help but look back with fondness at their sheer energy and fun! Now what are the charts full of? Bloody rap and R'n'B... Boring! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - the charts are in desperate need of a facelift. But then again, this is what you get with digital only releases, mostly bought by kids and teenagers...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]