Monday 27 February 2012

Old Broads



Just back from a fabulosa weekend in sunny Brighton (via Halfway to Heaven of course), but two things come to mind - firstly, despite interruptions of service, it is still Tacky Music Monday. Secondly, today would have been Dame Elizabeth Taylor's 80th birthday!

I am aware that Miss Taylor did not sing (despite her efforts in the movie version of A Little Night Music), so let us today feature a magnificent number from one of the last movies in which she appeared, albeit as an observer to the main number as performed by three other magnificent divas Miss Shirley MacLaine, Miss Debbie Reynolds and Miss Joan Collins!


How much more camp can you get?!

These Old Broads - the movie

3 comments:

  1. I remember watching 'These old Broads' when it first aired. Thanks for posting! great memories. xoxoMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. The movie was silly but it was obvious that these legendary ladies were having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To my ultimate shame I have never yet seen it - made-for-TV movies in America rarely get to DVD over here, and even rarer make it to our screens... I love this clip, though! Jx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]