Thursday 16 October 2014

Dame Commander









One of the greatest of our Patron Saints Dame Angela Lansbury - who we had the privilege of seeing for the first time on stage this year in Blithe Spirit - is 89 years old today!

All hail.

To celebrate, in a most suitable fashion, here she is - together with two other great ladies from our Pantheon, Miss Chita Rivera and Miss Carol Channing, and a cast of thousands - giving her own nod to a man who did so much for her Broadway career (at the 2010 Kennedy Honours Gala) Mr Jerry Herman...

The Best Of Times Is Now? If I had been in this audience, you bet!


Many happy returns to a fantabulosa lady - and remember, I am Angela Lansbury!

Dame Angela Brigid Lansbury, DBE (born 16th October 1925)

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post about an amazing lady. But I'm confused - are you saying that you are in fact an 89 year old lady??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is immortal. And we are her fan club! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]