Saturday 18 October 2014

Trannies, Mayors and Three Flying Piglets



As my regular reader might already know, we are staunch supporters of LGBT History Month (held every February) - especially that which takes place in Camden and Islington boroughs, already acknowledged to be the biggest of its kind in the world.

And so it came to pass that this morning - unheard of for me on a Saturday, my traditional "lie-in" day - I hauled my weary body out of bed to join a sizeable gang of fellow volunteers at the shiny new Granary Square development (in the heart of the former wasteland at the back of Kings Cross Station, on the Grand Union Canal) at some ungodly hour to take part in the filming of a video to promote History Month 2015. And what fun it was, too!



Butch, bitch, queen or dyke, tranny or trans, young and old, assorted Mayors, there was a mad variety of bods assembled on the fake-grass-carpeted steps, all holding up placards to spell out the various messages associated with History Month and its aims. We were choreographed, rearranged, up, down and thereabouts - but all done with great humour by our Master of Ceremonies Paul from the community film group Three Flying Piglets.

In the end, he and the crew seemed ecstatic with what we had all achieved, we all gave ourselves a round of applause, and buggered off to the pub. (From whence I have only just returned...)

The video itself won't be formally released till the end of November, and I can't wait to see it!

Here's a reminder of last year's:


Camden LGBT Forum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]