Sunday 12 May 2019

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?



Oh, Animaniacs! How we adored them. Of course, a kids' series that was only broadcast in the mid-90s was not part of my childhood, or anything like that. No - it was a show that those "in the know" always referred to as "Hangover TV": broadcast on weekend mornings here in the UK, but (thankfully) not too early, so those of us on our first cup of coffee, ibuprofen and a fag could have something completely unchallenging (and very funny) to watch while waking up.

Amongst the madness the show threw our way were characters such as "Yakko, Wakko and Dot", "Slappy Squirrel", "The Goodfeathers", and "Pinky and the Brain"...

...and who would have thought that genius combo (and house faves here at Dolores Delargo Towers) Scott Bradlee's Postmodern Jukebox would ever do a slinky cover of their theme tune?!


[And, yes! the bartenders are indeed Rob Paulsen and Maurice LaMarche, who voiced the dastardly mice (and many more besides)...]

6 comments:

  1. Glorious!
    I remember working retail back then and having to record it for when I got home. Unless, of course, I had to call in "sick" (read-hungover)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the fact that you found it such a "must-see" that you recorded it. On VHS. Jx

      Delete
  2. Betamax ?
    Love the vid and fab voice over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see them live, but the nearest they're coming to us on their tour this year is Belfast or Amsterdam... Jx

      Delete
  3. I don't remember Animaniacs! I did though, watch Rugrats, and Stressed Eric.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rugrats was also great "Hangover TV". As was Ren & Stimpy. Children's telly programmes in which half the goings-on are right over the heads of the kids themselves work best for me. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]