Monday 27 May 2019

Over my shoulder goes it all



It may be a Bank Holiday, but I haven't forgotten it is a Tacky Music Monday...

Today also happens to be the birthday of the dearly missed Cilla Black - and who better to provide us with a bit of terpsichorean cheer?

Here's an excerpt from her telly show from way back in glorious monochrome 1968, where she pays tribute to the one and only Jessie Matthews [skip to around 1:48 in; however if you're of a sensitive nature, you may feel the need to switch off straight after it - the show also features Cliff-bloody-Richard]!


Have a good week, dear reader - it's a short one!

6 comments:

  1. She's got one eye looking at you and the other eye looking for you, her face looks like a melted candle and her singing voice is like that of a cat being gang raped by a pack of vicious dogs and I've given up trying to work out the architecture of that hairdo. It was a blessed relief when Cliff Richard came on after watching that horrible horrible spectacle. How on Earth did she made it big? Who was she blackmailing? It will remain one of life's mysteries. Dearly missed? Not by me she isn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She always had such nice things to say about you... Jx

      Delete
  2. Sadly missed indeed and I for one thought she was fab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As was Jessie Matthews - so it's two in one here! Jx

      Delete
  3. Oh Mitzi!!! That's what my dad used to say about Cilla!! I liked Blind Date.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hated it. And "Surprise Surprise". Loved her, though. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]