Saturday 25 May 2019

Gay Royalty



Gosh - dear old Serena is eighty years old today!

The eminent thespian is showing no signs of stopping, either - he is currently in the midst of an eighty date tour (80 dates for 80 years) up and down the country in his one man show Tolkien, Shakespeare and You, in which he promises to cover all things theatrical as well as, no doubt, anecdotes from his life on and off the stage - and, as probably "Britain's most eminent gayer" [this side of Dame Elton, of course], this will touch upon his coming-out journey.

Here's a rather excellent clip from a short film, in which he addresses that very subject...


Sir Ian Murray McKellen CH CBE (born 25th May 1939)

8 comments:

  1. Bless him, and I wish him all the best.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sent a box of chocolates. Soft centres only, of course. Jx

      Delete
  2. And here, right now, one of the major churches is tearing itself apart over the issue. Yes, really.On the news, ahead of the Trumpian State Visit to Japan.

    I hope he enjoys his chocolates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laughingly called "The Uniting Church". Abolish the bloody lot of them, I say! Jx

      Delete
    2. You bring the crackers, I'll supply the matches.

      Delete
    3. Whoops, apocalypse. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]