Friday 31 May 2019

Turn it upside down



The weekend beckons again - and, despite appearances to the contrary out of the office window (grey and miserable, mainly) there's a good chance of temperatures hitting the high 20s here in London. That would make a nice change.

Whatever the weather, it would have been the 65th birthday today of one of the late, great pioneers of the genre Miss Vicki Sue Robinson, so let's crack open the Babycham, crank up the wireless, get boogieing...

...and Thank Disco It's Friday!


Have a fantabulosa weekend, folks.

8 comments:

  1. Love this version! Gloria brought I back, but this rules.

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Often, the original is best - unless it's a cover by Grace Jones, of course. Her versions of Private Life, Walking in the Rain, and (of course) Tomorrow are unbeatable. Jx

      Delete
  2. I remember watching the 'Learn Disco' video on YouTube with the above couple, they taught me the dog shit shuffle, I later put it to practice with Tommy Seebach's Disco Tango a la Carte.

    I've been plagued with bad luck ever since I slagged Cilla Black off a few posts ago. I was under the influence of gin at the time. I take it all back Cilla luv, you had a lovely laugh and nice skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The curse of Cilla, indeed.

      As for Mr Seebach, I think he may hold a curse too - I posted his video in the run-up to this year's Eurovision and, well, look what happened... Jx

      Jx

      Delete
  3. I hear that the south east is to be blessed with two days of sunshine this month, I mean weekend, whilst here in the west we're getting just one day.
    Have a lovely weekend, Jon!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am baking in it as we speak, sweetie! Jx

      Delete
  4. She had THE hair THE shoulder pads and the voice = FAB

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]