Tuesday 14 May 2019

J’donnerais tout ce que j’ai



Convoluted connections #773 in a series...

Today is the official opening ceremony of this year's Cannes Film Festival - yet another excuse for red carpets, back-slapping and "me, me, me" attention-seeking-masquerading-as-politics - which quite possibly rounds-off this season of major ceremonies (Oscars, Brits, BAFTAs and the like having passed) before the summer (of mainly music festivals) begins.

As this means all eyes are on France at the moment, this gives me the perfect excuse (during our countdown to Eurovision this weekend) to feature one of that country's (ahem) finest entries in the 63 years it has been a participant...


J’donnerais tout ce que j’ai
Contre une moustache
Maintenant je sais
C’que j’veux c’est
Une moustache


This delightful ditty led to the worst ever result for our Gallic chums, when it scraped in last in 2014 with two points.

Ahem, indeed.

4 comments:

  1. I knew the French language was leaving me when I said avoir to a sales assistant when leaving the Galeries Lafayette department store in Biarritz, she answered with a snigger at my parapraxis. Unbeknown to her I had an almost full tester bottle of Lacoste Booster shoved in my knickers, so really, the joke was on her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very jolly which makes a change from the French

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]