Sunday 26 May 2019

I feel fine and I feel good


Our five-foot Thalictrum delavayi, looking gorgeous.

So, as is usual on a Bank Holiday weekend, the scorching sunshine has given over to muggy air and mizzle. I've still managed to get some stuff done - our haul of new fuchsias from Essex is being potted up slowly but surely into hanging pots and troughs, and the ipomeas are potted and staked ready to scrabble away...

Now that I am taking shelter from what looks like a storm brewing, it's time for a distraction, methinks. How about house favourites here at Dolores Delargo Towers, Scott Bradlee's Postmodern Jukebox and their faboo take on an 80s classic?


I feel fine and I feel good
I'm feeling like I never should
Whenever I get this way
I just don't know what to say


And, just in case anyone fails to recognise it - here's the original:


Ah, that makes the rain more bearable...

12 comments:

  1. Scott B. does some good stuff!
    I'd love a 5' Thalictrum. (Just don't tell Muriel)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thalictrum delavayi looks stunning. I may need a whole head piece of those for the pool show tomorrow. I'm off for four days also for our holiday. So far the only thing to get accomplished is copious amount of gin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clink, clink, sweetie! I look forward to seeing the Thalictrum headpiece... Jx

      Delete
  3. with that title, I thought you were going to break into a james brown song...quelle dommage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure Postmodern Jukebox would do justice to Mr Brown - if they haven't already done so! Jx

      Delete
  4. Yesterday was grim, but the mizzle has cleared and it's looking brighter now. Thank you for the music!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PMJ helps, whatever the weather... Jx

      Delete
  5. The Thalictrum is indeed looking gorgeous as is all the garden.
    You deserve a bit of Postmodern Jukebox and a drink or two

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]