Monday 30 December 2019

Popped



Another week of overindulgence begins... Just as everyone in the Western world is sick of the sight of roast meats and the inevitable leftovers from the pig-fest of Xmas, and we're covered in bruises and our feet are aching from fruitlessly looking to see if there's anything worth buying in the sales, so it's time to plan for the New Year bash!

Among the myriad names on the list in yesterday's "Book of the Dead" was one Gershon Kingsley. Who? I hear you ask.

Well, he wrote this familiar choon - and I've found an accompanying routine eminently suitable for a Tacky Music Monday to go with it. So let the party preparations start...

...with Popcorn!


We have a houseful of guests coming tomorrow evening. I intend to get us all doing this one!

8 comments:

  1. First: The cats were sound sleep beside me. They heard the music, gave me dirty looks, and walked out of the room.
    As for the video: Oh the early ‘70s. I had shoes and bell bottoms like that. 6’2”, less than 10 stone, and 3 inch heels. What a picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cats have taste. As for you as a '70s yoof - you must have looked like Tommy Tune! Jx

      Delete
  2. sweet mother of pearl, a blast from the past. may it rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you know all the "moves" for this dance routine! Jx

      Delete
  3. Me too. I have guest coming...so must get to the market to get my last provisions needed for my spread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me guess. Condoms, boy-butter, amyl nitrate..? Jx

      Delete
  4. I remember this song and have been trying to forget it since the seventies.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]