Saturday 28 December 2019

Arise...



Among a slew of honours for the great and the good in HM The Queen's New Years Honours list - including Companion of Honour Sir Elton John; Dame Floella Benjamin; Sir Humphrey Burton, Sir Iain Duncan Smith, Sir Clive Lloyd, Sir Sam Mendes, Sir Christopher Hampton; Commanders of the British Empire (CBE) Wendy Craig, Annie Nightingale, Rudolph Walker, Gillian Reynolds and Billy Ocean; Officers of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) Roger Taylor, Nigel Slater, Oz Clarke and June Sarpong; and Members of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) Ainsley Harriott, Gabby Logan, Drek Griffiths and Gok Wan - there is also...

...DAME Olivia Newton-John!!

Magic, indeed.


New Years Honours list on the BBC.

The full honours list on the government website.

7 comments:

  1. I know I'm becoming less young when I recognise more and more people on the honours list. June Sarpong, Annie Nightingale, Gok Wan, and Ainsley Harriot(??!?). Crikey!
    Still, glad to see Dame Floella Benjamin on the list again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Floella's already a Life Peer, so Dame just adds another honour to the list.

      I was just surprised that both Humphrey Burton and Rudolph Walker (of Love Thy Neighbour notoriety) were still alive, tbh... Jx

      Delete
  2. It’s horrible hw few names I know. I DO know Olivia Newton John!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must know of Sam Mendes (he directed American Beauty and Skyfall, Christopher Hampton (screenwriter for Dangerous Liaisons), Roger Taylor of Queen, and Billy Ocean, surely?

      Delete
    2. Yeah, brain must have been pre-coffee. I do know them all.

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]