Saturday 15 January 2022

Fun Land


click to embiggen

Saw this remarkable snap by photographer Stephen Tayo in The Guardian's "My Best Photo" column today - and this immediately came to mind:

"A child has been lodged in the Tunnel of Goats… If a nurse could please come to the Tunnel of Goats… A goat and a child have now become lodged together, and a nurse has become involved in the incident… Another nurse is required to remove the nurse mentioned previously…"

Watch the legendary first episode of Father Ted, and marvel at the other entertainments on offer at "Fun Land" - including the Whirly-go-round, Freak Pointing, Duck Startling, the Chair of Death, Goading Fierce Man, the Spinning Cat, Tarot Reading, the Ladder and the Pond Of Terror!

One of my favourite comedy series, ever.

Father Ted on Wikipedia.

6 comments:

  1. PBS shared this years ago... how very fun. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it was as huge a hit over there as it was in the UK! It's as utterly perfect as a comedy series gets. Jx

      Delete
  2. I never had a chance to see this one. When I discovered it, it was on one week, then replaced with reruns of To The Manor Born.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, there you go - one whole episode to show what you're missing!

      I do hope they re-run it over there. It's such a great show. Jx

      Delete
  3. I really ought to watch this series again!
    I love goats - they just do as they please; can climb; and are ridiculously clever.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just don't get trapped in a tunnel with one! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]