Monday 3 January 2022

Chimp flamenco?

It's the last bank holiday in the UK until April, dear reader, and the final, final end of the extended Xmas/New Year season - but I haven't forgotten it is also a Tacky Music Monday!

For today's - ahem - treat, we're off to Spain [and fingers crossed we will be able to get there for real in just over four weeks' time], in the company of a lady whose skills in the flamenco world in Barcelona attracted the attention of none other than the great surrealist Salvador Dali, who famously sponsored her live appearance at The Olympia Theatre in Paris.

Somehow, in the bizarre drug-fuelled world of 1970s Spanish television special effects, that probably inspired this...

..but why the fucking chimpanzee?! I've said it before; another day, another mindfuck.

Have a good week, my leetle chums.

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. "Jane Goodall - The Musical"..?! Jx

      Delete
    2. Over the years, we've had musicals based on Grey Gardens, Moby Dick, Carrie, Spice Girls, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Cyrano de Bergerac, Silence of the Lambs, 9/11 (Come from Away) and, erm, The Human Centipede. As if that weren't bad enough, 2020 might well bring us musicals based on Our Man in Havana, The Queen's Gambit, But I'm a Cheerleader, Mrs Doubtfire and, erm, The Osmonds.

      I think a "musical chimp musical" might beat 'em all. Jx

      Delete
    3. It certainly beats The Osmonds.

      Delete
  2. Hmm. Some things one cannot un-see. I would thank you, but... I am going to look over... here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You misplaced the question mark: 'But why?' would have been perfectly acceptable.
    However, I loved the chair even though it didn't have a book on it.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book would be in Spanish, so we wouldn't be able to read it anyhow. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]