Saturday 1 January 2022

It's your outlook on life that counts


And so, with a heavy heart we bid a sad farewell to one of the greats, our Patron Saint Supreme, Miss Betty White...

Life will never be quite the same without her.



"Don't try to be young. Just open your mind. Stay interested in stuff. There are so many things I won't live long enough to find out about, but I'm still curious about them. You know people who are already saying, 'I'm going to be 30 - oh, what am I going to do?' Well, use that decade! Use them all!"

"Animal lover that I am, a cougar I am not. All my life, even as a kid, I have preferred men older than I am. Unfortunately, today I don't think there is anyone older than I am!"

"Let's say I meet someone I find attractive. I have to keep reminding myself of how old I am, because I don't feel like I'm that old. I fight the urge to flirt and try to shape up. No fool like an old fool."

"It's your outlook on life that counts. If you take yourself lightly and don't take yourself too seriously, pretty soon you can find the humour in our everyday lives. And sometimes it can be a lifesaver."



“My answer to anything under the sun, like ‘What have you not done in the business that you’ve always wanted to do?’ is ‘Robert Redford’.”

"I have a two-story house and a bad memory, so I'm up and down those stairs all the time. That's my exercise."



"I really don't care with whom you sleep. I just care what kind of a decent human being you are."

"My muffin hasn't had a cherry since 1939!"

"I just make it my business to get along with people so I can have fun. It's that simple."

"Why would I think of retiring? What would I do with myself?"

“I have no regrets at all. None. I consider myself to be the luckiest old broad on two feet.”

RIP, Betty Marion White Ludden (17th January 1922 - 31st December 2021)

8 comments:

  1. A loss indeed, but all those quotes cheered me up. Perhaps we can all try to live a bit like Betty?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, my muffin hasn't had a cherry since 1984, but in comparison to Betty, I have some catching-up to do! Jx

      Delete
  2. Thank you for being, Betty White.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent quotes to live by - and to write out in calligraphy for posterity.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  4. As the placard says
    Betty White - Awesome!
    Such a shame she didn't make 100.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're just going to have to get masks like the rest of that crowd, and clink glasses by way of a toast to her centenary on 17th January... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]