Monday 21 February 2022

Je vis comme si j'étais en vacances

Shit. After a fantabulosa fortnight - a week in the welcome sunshine of Spain, followed by a week just monging about to recover, topped off with "the gathering of the clans" on Saturday (the excuse being a rather late celebration of the Madam's birthday) - I am not ready for the return to the grimness of work!

Hey ho.

Our original premise of seeking out pubs with function rooms, on our "pub crawl" a few weeks ago, was to find one that would provide "our gang" with a replacement venue for our regular "film club evenings" now that our previous venue the Hoop and Grapes in Farringdon remains closed "for refurbishment". The Traitors Gate opposite the Tower of London provided everything we would want to that end and more - but rather than strictly adhering to our usual formula of studiously [ahem!] watching full-length movies, Madam Arcati decided he wanted music and general chit-chat more befitting of a birthday party. He'd already filled his phone with a playlist of suitable choons, so I grabbed a few random "music-oriented" DVDs to take along as well - and of course, Our Gallic Patron Saint Dalida was among them!

She went down very well...

On this Tacky Music Monday, as I crash and burn catching-up with all the pedestrian crud that work will inevitably bring, I can think of no better diversion than this beloved classic from the late grande dame herself!

Dalida - Monday, Tuesday

Moi je vis d'amour et de danse
Je vis comme si j'étais en vacances
Je vis comme si j'étais éternelle
Comme si les nouvelles étaient sans problèmes

Moi je vis d'amour et de rire
Je vis comme si y avait rien à dire
J'ai tout le temps d'écrire mes mémoires
D'écrire mon histoire à l'encre bleue

Laissez-moi danser, laissez-moi
Laissez-moi danser chanter en liberté tout l'été
Laissez-moi danser [Monday], laissez-moi [Tuesday]
Aller jusqu'au bout du rêve!

Which translates as:

Me I see life in love and dance
I live like I'm on vacation
I live like I'm eternal

As if the news were without problems

I live on love and laughter
I live like there's nothing to say
I have all the time to write my memoirs
To write my story in blue ink

Let me dance, let me
Let me dance, sing and be free all summer
Let me dance [Monday] let me [Tuesday]
Go to the end of my dreams

The end of my dreams, indeed.

Have a good week, dear reader. I won't.

4 comments:

  1. So when is the party, or did you have it at the weekend?
    Ack, Monday - I am just grateful to have the electricity back.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "...topped off with "the gathering of the clans" on Saturday..."

      It was a fun day! Jx

      PS No power outage here, more's the pity, or else I wouldn't have been able to log into work.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. An eternal house fave - and the perfect antidote to going back to work. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]