Thursday 3 February 2022

Love and luxury


I think I remember this one, framed, for sale in Woolworths, circa 1972.

As the countdown continues towards our desperately-needed departure this Saturday for a week in Spain, and as it is my last day in work (office or at home) until 21st February...

...there only one song that really hits the mood - and it's one of our all-time favourite videos, ever! [And yes, I know I have posted it many, many times before - so what?!}

Amor y lujo
Cuerpos de gloria
Grandes historias
Queremos más, queremos más!

...which tranlsates as:

Love and luxury
Bodies of glory
Great stories
We want more, we want more!

Don't we just?!

8 comments:

  1. I hope that is a taste of exactly what your vacation will be like. Nobody can do over-the-top romance like they do in Espanol, but I was very glad she finally ripped that nappy wig off; I was itching to give it a good wash and a rinse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's exactly like our holidays in Spain - gold toilet and all :-)

      Jx

      Delete
  2. Hypnotic and dramatic... loved the vid. Have a lovely final day at work. Don't burn any bridges, but let 'em know you won't miss 'em. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My candle burns at both ends;
      It will not last the night;
      But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends—
      It gives a lovely light!


      Jx

      Delete
  3. TOMORROW!!!!!!!!
    Anyhow - that portrait up top - that's the sort of print that would be on display in the Doctors or Dentists waiting rooms back in the seventies. Prints like that are collectable now. Not by me though. I guess today's equivalent would be a print by Jack Vettriano.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt they're that collectable if the glittering stars have conked out - can you even buy HP2 batteries anymore? Jx

      Delete
    2. I just got excited looking at a picture of a vintage HP2 battery. I remember those! And yes, you can still buy new ones, apparently.
      Sx

      Delete
    3. Not quite the same if they're not "Ever Ready" batteries. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]