Monday 16 May 2022

We want a balcón de la sol!

After the complete madness of Saturday's Eurovision party, I was hoping for a sunny Sunday to relax and potter in the extensive gardens here at Dolores Delargo Towers, but no - the weather changed to showery, humid greyness, and it's the same today.

How appropriate. "Greyness" is generally my Monday mood, anyhow. At least I have only one more week of toil in work to go, as we jet off again to Spain on Saturday. Whoo-hoo!

On this Tacky Music Monday, what better way to start the countdown to a much-needed holiday than with a touch of vintage Spanish campery, courtesy of Señorita Lola Flores?!

¡Que tengas una buena semana, querida lectora!

10 comments:

  1. My word. Her face twitches faster than a cat's whiskers! She certainly fills a moment. Our weather was rather spectacular, here, in Minnesota. A rarity. Of course, we went from winter to summer in a blink of an eye. But, I'm not complaining. Eurovision sounded amazing, as per usual. How very fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Señorita Flores lived by over-the-top expressions - see her in full flood here!

      Glad you liked the Eurovision blog post - I even added in a couple of Dailymotion links [I would have done more, but a) the post was taking too long, and b) "the old ennui" overtook me] in case you couldn't see the YouTube ones in Minnesota... Jx

      Delete
  2. Why is the matador's arm in a sling?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His missus swings her hands around too violently, it seems. Jx

      Delete
  3. She’s great. I just read up on her. An impressive career and famous descendants. Hope the weather here holds for your visit. Sunny, glorious, and in the high 20s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She certainly was impressive!

      I'm hoping your hot spell lasts for the week we're there, too... Jx

      Delete
  4. I hope this week passes quickly for you! Tuesday already!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tuesday already, and I am already wound up after having done a whole day's induction training for new members of our team while sweating my tits off in a hot and stuffy meeting-room. Which leaves me with only three days to get everything else I need to do done before I can do my handover and bugger off to Spain... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]